Best Regular Saver Accounts

What are the best savings accounts, best paying, easy to access ?

Best Regular Saver Accounts

Postby Sarah on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:38 pm

Here's a summary of the current best regular saver accounts, and I hope to keep updating this thread on a regular basis.

Ipswich BS Regular Saver
Rate 8.25%
Min £90, Max £250
Runs for 12 months

Lloyd's TSB Regular Saver
Rate 8%
Min £10, Max £250
The account runs for 2 years with interest on anniversary, requires an current account.

HSBC Regular Saver²
Rate 8%
Min £25, Max £1000
Account runs for 12 months, but is only available to customers who have their monthly salary or retirement income paid to an HSBC Bank current account.

Britannia Regular Saver
Rate 7.25%
Min £25, Max £250
Runs for 12 months

Halifax Regular Saver
Rate 7% on anniversary
Minimum £10, Max £250 per month
At the end of 12 months the account restarts, no need to reopen

Yorkshire Building Society
Rate 6.5%
Minimum £10 , Max £500 per month
The Account runs for over 3 years and can hold a maximum of £20k, interest on anniversary

Principality BS Regular Saver Bond Issue 4
Rate 6.5%
Minimum £20 , Max £500 per month

Check regularly for updates on the best current regular saver accounts.
Sarah
Money Manager
Money Manager

Postby Sarah on Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:18 pm

Existing members of the Britannia earn a higher interest rate on their regular saver based on a points scheme, they could earn up to 8% interest !
Sarah
Money Manager
Money Manager

Postby Lucky on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:32 am

There are a few high paying childrens regular saver such as the halifax which gives 10% for 1 year for £100 per month ;)
Lucky

Postby Wade on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:10 am

I think A&L do a 12% child regular saver, not sure. though..
Wade
Saving Enthusiast
Saving Enthusiast

Postby Arkad on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:29 pm

A+L offer a 12% Regular Saver, however you can only open one as part of an application for one of their current accounts.
Arkad
Stranger

Postby Sarah on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:45 am

Arkad wrote:A+L offer a 12% Regular Saver, however you can only open one as part of an application for one of their current accounts.

Yes, The A&L 12% regular saver is only available to new Premier current account holders. Existing Premier current account holders cannot open this account.
Sarah
Money Manager
Money Manager

Britiania Regular Saver 7.5%

Postby Phillipa on Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:52 am

According to the Britiania website the rate is 7.5%, and it runs for 12 months from 3rd of Nov 06 - Please take note of the conditions that if yuo miss a payment you will get just 1.5% !

i.e.

* Saving a set amount each month makes a lot of sense, but it also takes discipline, that's why we reward you with a rate of 7.5% gross* fixed for 1 year if you pay 12 equal monthly instalments.
* All we need from you is an agreed monthly investment between £25 and £250, you can watch your savings steadily grow.
* Enjoy a high flying interest rate without needing to move your current account.
* Interest will be paid by adding it to your account on the anniversary of the account opening.
* No withdrawals are permitted during the fixed term.

How the account works

If you pay in more than your first monthly payment in any month, we will transfer the excess into a Flexible Savings instant access account paying a lower rate of interest.
If you miss a monthly payment, your investment will not mature at the end of the 1 year fixed term, but will instead mature on 2nd November 2007. Also, instead of receiving 7.5% Gross*/AER* on your account for 1 year you will receive interest at a fixed rate of 1.5% Gross*/AER* on your savings, from and including the date of the missed payment until 2nd November 2007. This lower rate will apply to the balance in your account from the date of the missed payment, and all payments made following the missed payment, until the account matures on 2nd November 2007.

When your funds mature they will move into a holding account where you will have access to your money and earn a variable rate of interest for 30 days. During this time you can decide what you wish to do with your matured funds. If after 30 days you choose not to take any action your funds will be transferred into a Member’s 1 Year Bond. Further details will be sent to you prior to maturity.

For an example of how much interest you can expect to earn at the end of the 1 year term, if you choose to save £250 per month during the 1 year fixed term, at the end of the fixed term you will get back £3,000 plus a gross* amount of £122.26 in interest. This example assumes that all payments, including the first one are received into your account on the same date every month.
Phillipa
Veteran Investor
Veteran Investor

Abbey 7% Regular Saver

Postby Sarah on Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:26 pm

A new 7% regular saver account from Abbey (Issue 6)

* £20 to £250 per month
* 12 months
* If you miss a month, you get 0.1% for that month.
Sarah
Money Manager
Money Manager

Barclays 12.5 % regular Saver

Postby Sarah on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:12 am

Earn 12.5% gross/AER fixed for a year when you open a Barclays Regular Saver account between 2 January 2007 and 28 February 2007.

* Save between £25 and £250 each month.
* Fixed interest paid at the end of the 12-month term.
* Pay at least £1,000 into a Barclays current account each month, including your salary or pension mandate.
* No withdrawals or additional deposits.
* Open to both Barclays customers and new current account customers.
* Offer is not available to existing Barclays Regular Saver customers.
* Limited offer - may be withdrawn at any time.
Sarah
Money Manager
Money Manager

Postby Sugarbabe on Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:26 am

The NS&I is defineteltly the best cash isa on the market at the moment, if you don't have a cash ISA then hurry and rush and get it !
Sugarbabe
Beginning Saver
Beginning Saver

Postby Sarah on Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:09 am

The Lloyds TSB 8% rergular saver will be withdrawn from March 07, so if your waiting to set one up, do it sooner rather than later.

Yes it will run for the full term if opened BEFORE March 07
Sarah
Money Manager
Money Manager

Re: Best Regular Saver Accounts

Postby marktaylor on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:34 am

Every person want to save money for him and his family. If we regular save money then it is very helpful for us in future. I like your nice and helpful suggestion about saving money skim.
marktaylor
Stranger

Postby InvoiceFactoring on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Nationwide do some good savings accounts too.

Do people consider building societies to be better for saving than banks?

Barry
_______
Factoring Company, UK
InvoiceFactoring
Stranger

Postby qsxu5124 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:20 am

WELCOME!
Hello, my name is Timothy Darwin, and I am the Director of Global-Data-Entry. I would personally like to invite you to become part of our team doing work-at-home data entry. We have guided thousands of team members to success using our new type of data-entry job called Global Data Entry. Some members are currently making $300 - $2000 and more per day, using our program and guidance. We have been dealing with online data entry for over 7 years. Do you have a few minutes? I will explain more.

http://www.urlfreeze.com/sham/dataentryjob/

"DISCOVER HOW YOU CAN EASILY MAKE OVER $4000/WEEK ONLINE WITHOUT SELLING, ADVERTISING, REFERRING OR OWNING A WEBSITE"

http://www.urlfreeze.com/sham/cashgalaxy/
qsxu5124
Stranger

Postby Moneynut on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm

I have a Barclays Savings account. I have a regular one, and an ISA. However, I'm barely getting any interest because of the economic crisis : (
Moneynut
Stranger

Postby Genius_10 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 pm

The clue's in the name. Regular Savings accounts require you to put money away each month. They offer blockbuster interest rates, but tend to impose rigid terms and conditions, like limiting the amount of withdrawals you can make, or forcing you to make a deposit every month.

How can they pay such huge interest rates?

Often these accounts only last a year, and there are strict limits on the amount you can save. Banks commonly use them as advertising tools, promising eye-catching interest rates, in order to grab your custom in the hope of flogging or forcing you to have their other products too.
Genius_10
Stranger

Return to Savings & Deposit Accounts

Website Designed and Mantained by Walsoft.net